THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 15













One memory I love is Halloween last year. I loved spending our first official holiday together-making hot cider, twisted breadsticks, yummy squash, chili, pumpkin seeds, carmel apples, and other goodies. I loved carving pumpkins at my place-laying newspaper on the floor and digging out all the yucky squishy orange stuff, and then carving a cat in mine and a skeleton in yours; putting them on the stairs leading down to my house, watching them lit up.

I remember asking you to try and find the movie "ickabod crane" and you searched and searched for it at different stores asking for the totally wrong movie-"ichy bod" :) haha. I loved laying with you on the couch watching Mr. Toad and hearing you laugh at how ridiculously silly and childish it was. I think at that moment I realized that you would be a great dad; that you could play off stuff like that and be totally cool with it (indulging me in my childhood traditions :). I loved spending the fall with you in Utah. I have so many wonderful memories of my little place in Springville with you. Crazy we almost moved in there together! :) That is so odd to imagine; I wonder how it would have been. That place will always be so special to me.

1 comments:

The Moncurs said...

i loved that whole week... picking out pumpkins!! carving them.... all the yummy food you made!! and of course.... MR TOAD made me laugh so hard! I love that little toad!