THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Kick Boxing



First day training with Dwight


I was 2 weeks away from training with a team of MMA fighters to get ready for my first fight. I felt so prepared, so confident and assured that I'd be ready to be on the opening card for the first kickboxing comp in the state of Alabama.....and then I was introduced to this man a few weeks ago. Having traveled the globe—living, learning breathing the art of Muay Thai and kickboxing in Thailand—he is a master in his field. 

This was my first training session with him. Needless to say I wanted to leave in tears as my skills were taken to a whole new level. So many inadequacies surfaced; I started to get in my head and doubt this entire journey of mine. And then a good friend reminded me to stick with the process—the grunt work, the necessary, sometimes boring, training that would make me a better fighter.

Sometimes we want to jump ahead to the 
end goal and not learn from the moments in between. Going back and pushing through Day 2 reminded me that goals are achieved a day at a time; that maybe the beauty isn't found at the end, but in sticking with and trusting in the process. 

Here's to an exciting new journey of facing and fighting my Goliath's.  



























Back at boxing, checking form!





















































































Battle Wounds from Boxing! 







My new sparring gloves have arrived 🙌🏻 (every girls gotta have a little pink 💕💚 😏). Love this gym The Garage Kickboxing. Grateful for how welcoming they are to anyone and everyone, how much they push me, and for everything I am learning. 
Look who showed up today....none other the person who has trained me and pushed me harder than anyone ever has, and who really inspired this entire journey of mine 🥊 Marcel Stamps




My first really big injury with boxing; I sprained my toe/foot as I was sparring. 


Look who showed up at The Garage today....only the best workout partner ever! This lil’ chica did a 40 minute workout with me (we laughed 80% of the time and her dad got mad at me for her wanting me to snap chat it up with her, and then he got mad at me for buying her a water—supposedly water is for losers and you only deserve water AFTER your workout is complete 🙄🙄🙄, and snap chat is a waste of the 5 extra minutes you could have spent putting 10 more drops of sweat on the mat 🙄🙄🙄). We’re cool though because we all know that girls RULE the world; hence we make up all the rules 👊🏻 💯 Kristine Kay Marcel Stamps#bestmultitaskersever #postworkoutsnapchat #futurefemalemmachamp#shemakesmewantagirl #boxing #mma #girlswhofight #champs ❤️









Sparring with one of my coaches













































Excited to see the first female kickboxer box for our gym! 




Here’s to a day with no kids and getting myself organized for the new year! Starting the day off right doing what I love the most 🥊 🥊 #taketimeforyou#newyearnewyou #fighter #kickboxing #womenwhofight #mma #passion#drive #fitness #pushingthelimits



Amari showed interest in the bags


This is how we roll












Favorite hat, favorite place to be every morning. If you are looking for a fun, low key environment, amazing trainers, and a KILLER workout check out @thegaragekickboxing 🥊




We lost some, we won some; it was a night of good fights 
















The more I live on this planet, the more I realize the truth of this statement....everything is “mind over matter”. How strong are you in your heart, how much grit, drive, FAITH, tenacity do you have? Defeat begins in your head and the only way it’s going to accomplish ITS end goal is by feeding it. Shut it down! Kick it to the curb! Show it who’s boss! We are so much more powerful than we give ourselves credit for! #neveracceptdefeat 👊🏻#mindovermatter



Training like a boss; finally getting some recognition! 


















Feeling grateful for this man today and all of the time and effort he puts into training me. I am grateful I have found a gym that has my back and supports me on this journey to compete. I feel blessed to learn from not only really experienced coaches that push me in perfecting my technique but who are incredibly KIND! 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 (oh and that’s me in the background throwing in some up kicks 😁🥊#kickboxinggirl #hardwork #dedication #girlswhofight#fitness #muaythai #passion #persistence #dedication #goals #gratitude





Boxing has been brutal lately


They lied to you . . . abs aren't made in the kitchen, they are made kickboxing. 



My coach Jeremy wnated a pet monkey so badly, I tried to get him one when I found out it was a scam—someone said they'd ship one to me for $800.  I ended finding this toy monkey and glove for his birthday :)






Birthday Gift for Jeremey 




























































Finally getting to train with one of the best












































































Best buds






I sweat in hearts :) (apparently) 









Ready. Set. JUMP 💦 some days I love it, some days I hate it #thisishowwedoit #hittcardio #jumprope




























Home workout....NO EXCUSES! You can get a workout in anytime, anywhere, you just have to make it a priority. Fitness is a way of life. Taking care of your health should be top priority. Move that body! Elevate that heart 💕✌🏼 #gettinitdone






























Kicking this sickness in the butt...it’s time to get back to the bumps and the bruises 🥊🥊 lets do the damn thing #newchapter #newjourney #letsgo






Kids in tow, it’s time to go 👊🏻. Sunday pushups; no excuses. Nice to be back after taking a week hiatus 💪🏻 #pushupsfordays #staystrong#fitnessmotivation #fitness #fitmom #fightclub #mmatraining #kickboxing#kickboxinggirl #strengthtraining #workout #noexcuses


















0 comments: