THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 27, 2017

New Orleans





This year I have made it a goal to live my life and to take every moment I have to fulfill dreams and goals.  I am grateful for my side job that has allowed me to do these things for myself and my family. I wanted to see the Lumineers (it was on my vision board) and when I was searching for tour locations I saw the closest one was in New Orleans so what did I do? I bought the tickets and planned a little weekend trip.  Mike had no clue up until we were 20 minutes into our drive (I packed his suitcase for him, dropped the kids off with friends, and off we went).  It was such an incredible, unforgettable trip.




So grateful friends could take care of these cuties while we went away for a 24 hour getaway














Mike trying to figure out where we were going 















































UMMM the best ribs ever!






I loved all of the old houses; what rich history!! 
















Bourbon St. . . crazy, eclectic place







watching street shows

















Freaking out! I was literally freaking out! My dream come true! To see the Lumineers! 






























I do not consider myself lucky whatsoever! My luck changed tonight! We were literally on the second to last row in the arena.  You can see the view from my previous pics.  After the second opening band, and Usher made his way up to this group two rows down from us.  He asked them how many they had in their party.  They told him 4 (I was just happeneing to ease drop which I normally don't do).  He said he needed a party of two.  He started walking back down the steps and I yelled, "wait, we are a party of two!"  He walked back up to us with two tickets in his hands asking if we'd like 4th row complimentary tickets! At first I couldn't wrap my head around it, I thought it was a joke.  Then I saw the cameras were right near the 4th row and I started wondering if they would be blocking our view.  He started looking at me like "are you crazy lady! If you don't want them I will give them to someone else!"  NO, I said, we want them.  He ushered us down to the fourth row.  When I got there I just about died! I couldn't believe our luck.  AND THEN what was even more amazing was they decided to come out and perform a few songs on another stage literally a few feet away from us—they wanted it to feel like the days when they were just playing in an apartment for a few friends.  I was crying, I admit it, I was crying. 

I have never felt so free.  I was up on my feet 90% of the time, singing the songs and screaming my lungs out! This will go down as one of the most incredible moments of my life.  Their music speaks to me! 

4th row!!















When they came out on stage in front of us! 





















































We ended the night at Cafe Du Monde, eating divine beignets 













Such a cute little town and such an amazing breakfast! TOAST 

















Procuttio brie crepe with some amazing roasted potatoes and below are the beignets 



Exploring the city before we left. I fell in love with the architecture












Exact same building Napoleon built. 
























0 comments: