THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Planting our first Garden



Planting our first garden.  This is a before pic of how the backyard looked


Mike building his first raised garden bed!

















Planting tomatoes, carrots, peas, spinach, lavender, basil, and parsley



Becks loved helping plant the seeds and watering the garden most of all.  Beckahm has been into this DVD at the library about kids planting a garden.  He has learned to much about planting flowers and seeds from it.  He has such a great memory and retains so much information.  He came up to us and told us all about how you need to get "compost" first, then dig a hole and make sure that there is space between the seeds so they can grow, and then make sure to water it every day!"  That same DVD caused him to come to me all excited one afternoon telling me about how to press (petrify) a flower.  He told me I needed to get a flower, lay it down on some tissue, then put some tissue paper on top of it and put a big book on top of it, and "wait 40 years" and it will change color.  I was beyond impressed that my little 4 year old was teaching me something I think I learned in the 5th grade and that he wanted to do this "science" experiment.  So he ran outside, picked a flower and we placed it on tissue and he walked me through the rest of the steps.  Then he told me we had to go take a nap.  We took a one minute nap before he wanted to go look at it to see if it had changed.  When he saw that it was the same he said "mom, we need to go take a longer nap."  :) He has been checking on it every day since.  He is such a smart boy so eager to learn! 






Amari is so stinkin cute, whenever you say "look Amari, flowers," he will go stick his nose up to them and smell them. 


Amari helping water the garden.  






I still can't believe how much it has grown in 2 weeks










My new favorite flower: Hydrangeas 



0 comments: