THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm HOME!

And without further ado, I bring to you....Mr. Mike Moncur!

Thank you, thank you very much, you're too kind...please take your seats. Well, I made it home! So we set off on Monday morning around 9 am and about 4 hours into the journey, my brother Taylor had the bright idea to drive straight through to Utah. That meant a 22 to 23 hour drive with little to NO sleep. I won't go into too much detail about the trip because it was long and boring and I felt half sick the whole time...partly because I was so excited and anxious to get home that my mind and body couldn't relax and then partly because I slept about 2 hours the whole trip. I kept Nika drugged up on cat tranquilizers but near the end the drugs were wearing off and she kept meowing like a FREAK SHOW and there was nothing I could do about it.

Driving up to our house I noticed the beautiful mountains. The sun was just coming up and rays of light were bursting over the mountain ridge! Utah is a beautiful place. I was on the phone with Amanda as I pulled up to the house. Amanda was driving to school and I was pulling in the driveway. I noticed we had a beautiful wreath on our front door which Amanda had made...it was so cool! I parked in the driveway and on the wall of the garage in multi colored paper was a big "welcome home" sign. I walked in the house and it smelled like heaven. I walked up the stairs and noticed some new decorations Amanda had put up, it looked so great! Ahhhh, it's so nice to have a home! The whole house was spotless! So clean I didn't want to move...I felt like tip toeing through the house. I finally got to see our bed room with all the new sheets and decor. It looked amazing. I was in awe at how amazing Amanda had made the house look. Oh and on the kitchen table was a box wrapped in wrapping paper with a little card on top. Amanda congratulated me on finishing the summer and got me a present!! YAY! I ripped it open and found 3 really cool shirts, a button up shirt and 4 scarves! I felt so spoiled! I can't wait to wear it all!

I was so tired and felt disgusting and sick to my stomach and at the same time I was so excited and so anxious to see Amanda. I tried to sleep but couldn't. So I unloaded the car and got everything unpacked and put away. I again tried to lay down and sleep but couldn't...I was too excited to see Amanda and couldn't stop my mind from racing. I took a shower and got ready and then got a text from Amanda saying she was on her way home from school!!! I was so excited and a little nervous...I was pacing back and forth in the kitchen waiting. Then I heard the garage door go up and in she came!! She ran up the stairs and I was there waiting. We embraced and I picked her up and twirled her around...it felt so good to finally see her, touch her, be near her!!

It's great to be home with my sweet, amazing, beautiful wife. I love our life together. Our home is exactly that..."our home". It is so nice to have a home, filled with all of "your" stuff. It's so nice to have and be with "your" family. I can't describe how blessed I feel to have such a wonderful little family. Amanda, Me and our little snow leapord Nika! :)

Amanda and I got to spend the day together yesterday because Amanda worked her butt off and got all of her homework done so we could have a day together. It was so nice! We thoroughly enjoyed it! We're looking forward to an amazing future and hopefully we'll never have to be apart for that long again!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

ya, hopefully we NEVER have to be that way again for long! I love you sooooo much! I was so excited to see you! I had butterflies!! What a wonderful reunion! I am so in love with YOU!!! I feel like we are always dating—newly weds forever!!