THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Two Little Munchkins

I take thousands of pictures to capture the moment (hoping to never forget these memories of my children).  Here are a few priceless moments worth remembering this week! I love you, my Superheroes!!


*From BECKAHM'S Blog: 


You love riding in the middle seat (any where in fact, besides your carseat) :).  I loved glancing at you in my rearview mirror watching you play, wondering what your incredible mind was imagining/thinking. Hoping to remember these small, quiet, contemplative moments spent with you, FOREVER. 

You wanted to wear your hat to the gym.  We walked past this group camp kids (probably age 6 or 7) and a bunch of girls just gawked at you, thinking you were the coolest kid ever.  They said out loud, as you passed "man, that kids got SWAG."  HAHA, I laughed so hard.  


We were at a BBQ with a bunch of my friends from Daddy's work group.  I took your pants off because you wanted to splash in the water.  Next thing I knew you had taken off your shirt and your diaper and were running nude around the pool, everyone laughing and staring at you in wonder and awe.  I seriously never laughed so hard; you were completely oblivious—just happy roaming in your birthday suit. 


You have always been Mommy's co-cheif.  You have loved cooking with me since you could walk.  I love how interested you are in helping me make food. You always put on the oven mitt and say "hot, hot." And you LOVE pretending to cook in your own kitchen.

 A family home evening lesson using Beck's shopping cart. One day you just climbed into your shopping cart.  So funny!



You are also fascinated with cleaning; you love sweeping and mopping.  You found my cleaning gloves one day and wore them around the house. 

 You are getting quite good at long boarding; Daddy is such an awesome teacher.  You LOVE it!


You love wearing your superhero mask and cape and flying around the house.  You had it on one day and your brother just stared at you in awe.  He didn't know who you were! 

 Continuing our potty training: you like reading books while on the potty.  This was one a friend of mine got you for your birthday, about things that go (trains, cars, planes, trucks, boats).  You love it!





 You love putting on your rain boots and holding your umbrella and going out on the deck when it starts to rain.  You love splashing in the puddles.  (Mind you, you do all of the aforementioned with notifying me, all by yourself). 






 Just splashing in the puddles one day in nothing but your underwear and rainboots :).












 This is the first time you showed interest in your reflection.  Now I catch you just staring at yourself, admiring what you look like, at random, in the mirror. 

I caught you one day on film!!

 I gave you this fire jacket for a potty reward.  YOU LOVED IT! You would pretend to use your baseball bat as your fire house and blow out the fire in our house.

 You love dressing up in my shoes, hats, jewelry—anything you can get your hands on.

 You wanted to hold my ipod while you went pee.  Cracked me up!

 Walking around the house in your daddy's neon, way too large, work shoes! This is a daily ritual
 You are my little helper! Every day we have to walk up our three flights of stairs, you insist on walking up on your own! You have become so good at it! I leave the door open for you and when you arrive you move what is holding the door, announce your return and shut the door in absolute pride! (You stop, of course, along the way to look at bugs and such wondrous things). 





Wearing Mommy's flip flops

Other things about Beckahm right now:

You are speaking in sentences now.  I love hearing you talk and I love seeing how much you understand when I explain things to you.

At some point, a while ago, we taught you how to take deep breaths when you felt frustrated, or had a tantrum.  Well now you do that whenever you cry, whenever you are trying to wrap your head around something you don't want to do, whenever you are facing a fear, whenever you are sad, whenever you are having a tantrum, without being reminded.  It is seriously the most precious thing I have ever witnessed. 

You are getting so much better at driving your car.  I finally coaxed you to walk forward (you always walked backward), by showing you a picture of an alien you colored at Kids Club and telling you that you had to save the Alien—totally worked, now you love riding in your car.  

Whenever you hurt Mommy, on accident, or someone else, you immediately say "soft, soft," while rubbing where you hurt them and then you kiss that spot.  You have such a soft, sensitive heart that is ever aware of others feelings

You no longer want me to sing to you before nap time.  In fact you will often tell me when you want to go down for a nap (so cute that you love napping).  You just want me to put you in your crib where you play for about a half hour on your own and then you pass out.

You are not fully potty trained.  It has been a hit and miss (mostly my fault because I just couldn't handle staying in doors any more), some times you will tell me and you go potty in the toilet and other times you don't tell me, so right now you are half-way trained. One thing you loved doing was helping your baby go potty; you love being responsible for things, and since doing that you became quite obsessed with your baby.

You seem to like boys more than girls, at least for play dates.  And as most 2 year olds, you are quite possessive of your things.  At a birthday party once you thought a girl was going to steal your cake and you stabbed her with your fork.  

You are still quite obsessed with you baba (which you now call "bobbies", this cracks your dad up) and your blankie.  Boy have we had  major tantrums when I have had to wash your blankies.

You love your TV shows: All about Trucks, Super Why, Bo on the Go, Transformers, Spiderman (the old school version), Mickey Mouse, and Fireman Sam.

You love swimming, long boarding, taking a bath, and playing baseball.

You have your loving, adoring moments with your brother; there will be moments when you will just randomly come up to him and hug him and give him kisses, saying "ahhh."  

You are a good eater, you still love eating healthy foods over unhealthy foods.  






* From AMARI'S blog:





LOVE your sleep faces! You are such a good sleeper.  I simply sing you one song and then you like getting comfy on your tummy in your crib and going to sleep.  






You don't really know what to think when your brother dresses up in his superhero attire!


One day you will be "leaving on a jet plane". . . I am relishing these every precious moments with you until you leave my home.  


Your smile is infectious! It lights up your entire face! 





Mommy wore red lipstick one day and you just LOVED it.  This was your face looking at me!

 You are so adamant about walking.  You want to keep up with us and your brother.  AND you are so incredibly strong! Your strength always amazes me and your daddy! 

Standing with my assistance 















 You are such a mover in your crib.  You will never believe how I found you one afternoon, I so wish I had a picture of it! You were in a complete downward dog.  I was in a complete state of shock! You had been fussing and I went in to get you and there you were in a full body arch, feet near your hands, seeming as though you were trying to get out of your crib.  ASTOUNDING!!  Another day I found you like this: pillows completely covering you.  You are so particular how you sleep (you love to be right by your pillows, at a diagonal, face planted into your bumper. 
I almost caught you doing another downward dog here:







Your eyes are simply the windows of heaven!!


You are getting so much better at holding things!


 Probably one of the most disgusting, funny, memorable moments with your brother: your brother has been learning how to potty trained and one day you were just minding your own business swinging in your swing, watching TV, and all of a sudden I hear Beckahm say "Mommy pee," as he is pointing to you.  I go over, hoping what my stomach was telling me wasn't true, but it was! He had peed all over your head.  The next day, as revenge, I took this picture of you (when you were naturally doing this with your fingers) and posted it on FB :).  Grandma responded: "see I told you, brother's always get even!" 



Trying to crawl 

 Father's day! Trying to catch you and your brother in your crib together. You didn't want him in your crib whatsoever!

















Pool day! You loved taking nap in the sun! Daddy and I have both taken you in the pool and you seem to  love the water. 







I love it when you cover your face with your hands like this! 










Other things about you: 

You LOVE taking a bath; you splash and kick like crazy!! 




You have officially started rolling over.  You roll over all the time, waking yourself up, in your crib (from tummy to back).  

You are scooting more and more and trying to army crawl.

We recently located Beck's jumper and put you in it.  You seemed to like it.

You don't like being alone.  You tend to get whiny pretty quick if I leave the room

You LOVE watching Baby Einstein video's; you kick your legs in so much excitement

The other day you started laughing out loud just watching your brother; it made Beckahm laugh

You are SUPER ticklish.  Your Daddy and I have been trying to get you to belt out a laugh, but you kind of just grunt while smiling, half hating it and half loving it.

You LOVE watching your brother.  You observe his every move, and you smile when he enters a room

You love looking at girls.  When Beck's has playdates over and they are girls, your face will light up.  You are a little flirt.  

You love the Superman pose.  You are so strong! 

You are seriously the most easy going, sweet, baby! Everyone comments on how calm you are.











0 comments: