THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father Day

Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband who is not only the best Super Daddy around, but who is there to constantly support me in my role as a woman and as a mommy! What a blessing, and added strength this man continues to be in my life!! Mike was also the greatest super hero dad taking care of the kids for 48 hours this weekend so I could enjoy my birthday! LOVE HIM! He realized just how hard it was taking care of the kids, and appreciated me that much more.  I was glad for this moment only because it made me feel like he could now relate to me.  Taking care of kids is hard work and often not as rewarding as you'd hope :).

This is what I wrote him on FB:

Happy Father's Day to you Mike Moncur. I wish there was a Father's Day song I could sing you, or a national dance I could dance for you (two of my greatest skills), but I guess this will just have to be an ordinary Hallmark Greeting. 

I simply think you are the backup singer to the rockstar of all dads. Wait isn't that supposed to be the other way around? No, and let me tell you why (stay with me for a minute here). The back up singers often go unnoticed, but without them a rockstar wouldn't sound as good as he thinks he does in his head. A rockstar would never change a poopy diaper--it is below him--but a backup singer, takes charge, knowing that taking care of the dirty work is essential to making the show run flawlessly. A rockstar would never have the time to give his wife a 24 hour break from being a mommy, whereas a back up singer takes the time to do such grunt work, knowing the probability of him getting fired if he didn't do it, would greatly increase.

What I am saying is I am glad I married a backup singer and not a rockstar.

I love you not just to the moon and back, but to Pluto and back. I love you as much as Beckahm loves saying no. And I would be as depressed as a fat kid after hearing that twinkies had been discontinued, if I didn't have you in my life.

Xoxo fab Daddy!! Now go get your iPhone so we can both officially join the 21st century.



Trying to snap a pic of the kids in the a.m.—didn't work!








 My three handsome men!!







0 comments: