THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Amanda Turns 33!!!

For this birthday I just wanted to feel relaxed and rejuvenated.  I NEEDED some alone time to contemplate my role as a wife, a mother, and simply an individual.  In other words, I needed time away from what can easily become an imbalanced role: motherhood.

Mike was sweet enough to understand my need and booked me a SWEET hotel room at Aloft.

I decided to take this day and do 33 things I enjoyed the most.   I cried, I laughed, I felt love, I learned a lot about myself, I came to some honest realizations about things I needed to change, who I wanted to be, the things I needed to start incorporating in my life to make me a better person.  I know a person can't change in 48 hours, but I can't express how much serenity and peace I gained from simply taking a moment to BREATHE; to step outside my normal routine and to see my world from a different perspective.  This was, by far, the best birthday ever.  What I termed my "adventure cleanse" honestly changed my life, bringing back such crucial elements missing from my life: simplicity, self-love, and balance.

Welcome to a new you!! May you never forget what this alone time taught you and the peace it brought into your heart.  These are my moments, captured on camera, so I can remember them always.

From my husband:

Happy freaking Birthday Amanda Moncur! You're one of the most dedicated and self motivated people I know. You're super talented, extremely smart, and insanely beautiful. Today is your day to relish in you and enjoy all that you are. Forget about all your mistakes or all that you're not and just love yourself! Your amazing! Happy Birthday you HOT mama! Love, Mike, Beckahm, and Amari

What I wrote on FB: 

I have been on this wonderful place called earth for 33 years now. So many mistakes, so many adventures, so many rich and not so wonderful memories. Each of them have defined me, and have helped me become the woman I am today...the woman I want to become 5 years from now.

33 years and I feel like I am just beginning. My first expression of gratitude is to my mother, Sharry Eastman, who had the immense gift of love, courage, and strength to bring a 7th child into this world. If not for my mother, so much of who I am, I would never be. My second expression of gratitude is to my husband Mike Moncur who selflessly put on his super hero cape today and became super dad for 24 hours--hooking me up with a hotel so this much needed (crazy) mom could recharge her super hero batteries. My 3rd expression of gratitude is for so many of you--my siblings and friends-who have been apart of my journey through this crazy thing called life. You have loved me when it has not been easy, you have supported me, given me words of encouragement, reprimanded me (even when I thought I didn't need it, I did), you have made me laugh, you have made me cry, you have forgiven me...you have forever left a mark on this beating heart of mine.

I am 33 today....today I am going to embark on an adventure of doing 33 things I love...wish me luck 

Let the adventure cleanse begin!!!



 #1-4 Today is a day to celebrate 33 years of living. Let the adventure cleanse begin! #birthdaycelebration #33thingsilove #tookawalk #nature#contemplation #gratitude













 Someone once asked me "why do you seek solitude?" 

I remember as a child running through the orchard fields behind our house with my dog, stopping for hours at a bridge to watch the sunset, be alone with my thoughts, casting a dream out there some where for my future self to find (yes, I have always been a bit of a deep thinker). 16 years later I pause to take a moment, on this bridge, in Alabama, to be alone with my thoughts, to relish in all of the moments I seized the opportunity to live out those dreams...and to keep dreaming big...the journey is just beginning 















#5-9 No joke the 80s song "Amanda" is blasting on the speakers as i am sitting at the pool right now. What are the odds??? "I'm gonna take you by the hand, and make you understand Amanda..." #laughingsohard #takesmeback#isurvivedthe80s #relaxing #poolside




#15 thanks to all for the birthday wishes! @ my dear sisters, thanks for making me bawl my eyes out. Your words touched me more than you will ever know--came at a much needed time. I have the raddest sis's in the world (including my sisters-in-law). My brothers are pretty cool too. :)#lovingwords #meanttheworldtome #statusupdate #cryingmyeyesout#intargetparkinglot #WordSwag

Deirdre Davis 
Dearest Young Sister of mine!!!! Happy Happy 33rd Birthday!! What an amazing adventurous life you have lived. It is one for sure to celebrate!! What an amazing title YOUNG holds. You are the youngest in our family what a priveledge. All throughout the scriptures you hear the young leading the old. That is what you always have been in our family A LEADER. Your wisdom and understanding of spiritual things is inspiring and refreshing. The talents and gifts you have been blessed with (conversation, listening, empathy, courage, teaching, speaking, writing, excercise, perspective, energy, love of life, friendship, devotion, dedication, and overcoming. . . ) is just what this family of ours needed. Thank you for choosing to come to our family. We needed YOU than and NEED YOU now and FOREVER. What a blessing to have YOU in this world. There is no one else like YOU! The world is a more better place with YOU in it. LIVES have changed and continue to change FOR THE BETTER because of YOU. Thank you for inspiring me, for teaching me, for forgiving me, for the most amazing memories we hold and share. When I think of my most fond memories YOU my sis are in them!!! California, Rhode Island, Maine, Boston, Georgia, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah . . . .and NYC you my sis are in them and apart of them. Thank you for teaching me, for showing me charity and for loving me with that amazing wonderful heart of yours. Thank you for sharing your wisdom, knowledge and that amazing BRAIN of yours. Thank you for making me think deeply because of your deep reflective thought. Thank you for teaching me to meditate and to journal. Your record keeping astounds me and inspires me everyday. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better mom. You are one of the best moms I know. AMARI and BECKS wow are so blessed! You are a wonderful wife continuing to learn and grow. Your devotion, love and dedication for Mike inspires me! Thank you for NOT being perfect, for sharing with me your dreams, fears, and weaknesses, through them I have been changed and have been taught and have known how to love. You have turned me to the Savior with your amazing testimony and LOVE of him and your countenance shines with the LOVE you have for HIM and His gospel. I see it and feel it everyday. You are one of the most beautiful women I know. Enjoy your relaxing day of reflection, meditation, excercise, newness, getting that fresh new perspective, exhiliration, nature, peace, and JOY in celebrating everything that is YOU!!


Wow okay I hate saying the ditto thing, because it shows that I put no thought of my own into making a thoughtful happy birthday wish. BUT, I just have to say ditto to Deirdre's thoughts for they truly are my exact same thoughts, words and feelings I would have expressed to my youngest Sister Amanda! Deirdre did express it so wonderfully!!
Amanda Moncur you are truly one of the most amazing and special people to have blessed my life! I have and do cherish the 33 years that you have been a part of my life. Ever since you were just little I looked up to you, found comfort and strength from you.
I love you so much Sis! I hope you have an amazing birthday!!!


Amanda eastman moncur! HAPPY BDAY SWEET GIRL!!! We love you forever and always.

Allie Bryn Moncur Panter wrote on your timeline.
Happy birthday amanda! Have a great day celebrating with family and friends miss u

Alicen Adamson Waldron wrote on your timeline.
Happy birthday hot mama. I hope you are spoiled by your boys today and everyday.

Etienne Whitaker wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday Amanda, hope you enjoy your special Day!!


Clayton C-Bass Ashcraft wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday Amanda! Thank you for all your support

Taylor Moncur wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday Amanda! Have a great day!

Amy Niu wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday Amanda! Be very spoiled:-)
Leila Godman Jones wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday to an amazing woman! This world is a better place with someone like you in it. Have a fabulous birthday with all things beautiful!
Lindsay Haws Noble wrote on your timeline. Happy Birthday dear friend. Hope today to everything you want it to be and more! I always remember you on Flag Day!

Kimberly Rackman Jensen wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday friend! Hope your day is lovely! 󾓑


Ryan Anderson wrote on your timeline.
Happy Birthday Amanda Moncur.

Peter Pretorius wrote on your timeline.
Hey Amanda happy birthday from South Africa

Linda Henderson wrote on your timeline.
Have a very Happy Birthday! We love you, xox.

Aujelle Smith Hutchings wrote on your timeline.
Happy birthday monkey sis! :-) I love & miss you!!!!!!!!!!


 #16 This lover of words was in heaven (aka Barnes & Noble). It has been so long since I enjoyed a good book...today I enjoyed many #iloveyoubarnes&noble#goodreads #heavenonearth #bestafternoonbyfar



#17perusing fabulous designs. I love design, I love color, I love art!!!#perusing #art #design #color #barnes&noble #love

 I wish I could spend all day reading magazines, and books and viewing great art #ilovedesigns #color #art

 When I saw this on the wall at Barnes and Noble I flipped, this could not be more appropriate for this day spent on my own "Walden Pond" #thoreau#byfarmyfavorite #literary #author #greatread#extremeyetthoughtprovoking


Oh Ryan Gosling, today is the day (what all the girls say when they buy this journal) #what??? #justsayin #carpediem :) 



 Some of my favorite reads! #shakespeare #poe #fitzgerald #goodreads#iloveliterature #barnes&noble

 By far the best Dr. Seuss book (and that's saying a lot cause they are all fantastic) but this one is one I want ingrained in my children: oh the places you will go little ones. Dream big!! #drseuss #ohtheplacesyouwillgo#greatliterature #dreambig #howfittingformyday

Thought of Mike when I saw these today (stuck at home dealing with two kids)



#18 For Mr. Beckahm and Amari Ari: mama misses you!! #xoxo#youarealwaysinmythoughts#lovemy2littlemonsters


When it came to my thoughts, there was no vacancy in the hubby department. I love his talent, quirky taste (anything grape flavored is quirky to me) and style!! #lovemybabes #art #style #grape #sorbet #missinghim#wordswagapp 
 #19 We make do with what we have #ilovetheocean #iwenttothebeach


#20 Take time to notice how fascinating people are and all of the unique, quirky traits that make them different. This world is such a beautiful place because of our differences! 

Today mine was listening to a woman (located in the shower next to me at the gym) belt out song after song with no care in the world! BEAUTIFUL 


 #21 What can I say, I love writing! So I wrote me some poetry today#journalheaven #lovethesedesigns #wordworm #poetry

 Took a moment to look through a book. Love letters from Mike! 3rd time I cried! These sweet reminders are just what I needed! #sofilledwithgratitude#suchkindwords #lovethathusbandofmine


#22 love letter #reminder #muchneededperspective
 #23 enjoying some of this yumminess aka frozen yogurt #sunnyday#notacareintheworld #eatinsomeyummies #akafrozenyogurt#lovinthislittletreat


For Mike: you are THE Super Daddy of all Super Daddy's #super #dad#special #father #soappreciatedbythismama#wordswagapp


Flag Day is my birthday after all #happy #flagday #patriotic#lovethegoodolusofa #wordswagapp 


 #24 checked in! Mike hooked me up: Aloft-- just as cool as any hotel in Manhattan! Love the industrial feel and modern design #ifeelspecial#ifeelgiddy #aloft #soawesome






 #25 give in to silliness (used to be my middle name) #jumpingonthebed#forgothowmuchfunthatis #uglyfaces #feellikeakid #missmysisters


 




























 #26 some times you have to dance and share it with the world #eradancing#infrontofthemirror #iwillsurvive #justbeatit #90swerejustwrong#hatsofftoyouJT #justintimberlakesgotitfiguredout


 #27driving my car! it is so mice to be able to go where I want to go and take my time getting there; how often I take that for granted #lovemycar#lovemyfreedom #whatwonderfuladventures #ABeautifulMess

 #28 Dinner. Although it doesn't look appetizing, it was good. Can't get any better than shrimp and ribs!! #yummy #dinner #shrimp #ribs#loganssteakhouse
 #29 Birthday cake fav: carrot! Happy Birthday to me #ilovefood #yummy#carrotcake #singing happybirthdaytomyself #scrumptious

 #30 pjs on, watchin some tv #ilovebeingcomfy #tv #tealsweats #readyforbed

 #31 time to sleep--the thing I look forward to the most!! #lovesleeping#goodnight

 #32 Let the fun continue: workout, read NYT, Pinterest, lay by pool, take a nap, get ready, window shop




















0 comments: