THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Sorry, I finally had a moment to update the blog :).

I had the most amazing birthday weekend I have ever had in my life! My birthday landed on a Sunday this year and Mike and I felt strongly that we wanted to keep the Sabbath Day holy so we used part of Saturday and Monday to celebrate my birthday. Mike spoiled me to death. Just being in his company and having him take the day off for me was enough, but he surprised me with tickets to The Fray on Saturday night. It was the first concert we’ve been to together. I can’t describe how incredible it was. The two opening bands were Richard Swift and Jack Mannequin. We had heard one song of Jack Mannequin’s, Dark Blue, which we loved, but didn’t know that much more about the band. As they continued to play we fell in love over and over again. NEW FAVORITE BAND! The lead singer is incredible to watch live, he is so amazing on the piano. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been too. I seriously fell in love with all of their songs. They have now become songs that remind me of Mike ☺. Our new MONCUR THEME SONG is SWIM---SUCH a good message; it gives me chills listening to it; it makes you want to turn it up loud and sing it OUT LOUD when you are down on your luck! Mike was so sweet, after seeing Jack Mannequin perform live we rushed to the t-stand and bought their new album Glass Passenger, and one of their t-shirts (I am truly a Mannequin groupie now. We want to find out their tour schedule and configure a way to see them perform live again). We seriously could have been satisfied listened to them and going home but we stayed, AND The Fray was just as good. I didn’t realize how many good songs they had and how they were 20x better live. The performances were so powerful! Every time I think back on that night I want to re-live it over and over again; it truly has to be one of the best things Mike and I have ever done together. We love music so much and this ate the cake. Thanks babe!!

Sunday was amazing as well. I am so happy Mike and I have the same righteous desires, goals, and aspirations for our family. We both feel strongly about trying to do the things the Lord asks of us; we have truly felt that as we have lived the gospel more fully, especially when it comes to keeping the Sabbath Day holy, that we have been blessed 10 fold. It is so easy to make excuses being here and rationalize going out and doing something together on Sunday because that is Mike’s only day off, but we feel like it is worth the sacrifice considering the abundant blessings we receive in return.

After going to all of our meetings we came home, took a blanket out on the grass and read this book we’ve been enjoying together about a near death experience. I love being able to ponder and speculate with Mike about deep things. It brings us closer together and keeps us on track spiritually. Nika also had a blast outside, running around free as a bird, climbing up trees-she’s so funny.

I opened my gifts from every one later that night-everyone was so thoughtful and sweet-THANK YOU! Mike and I intended on playing games that night with his family but we lost track of time and it got too late so we ate some yummy dinner and laid around and talked all night. Mikes dad and brother Jeff came over to say hello and chat for a bit, which was really nice.

Monday was the best day! I am so grateful for all Mike does for our family, he works so hard, and yet he also prioritizes our relationship, and he did so today by taking the day off to spend with me. We woke up and went for an early swim together, which was so much fun! Then we decided last minute to spend the day at Carowinds theme park. IT WAS SUCH A BLAST! The weather was perfect! It was overcast-not too hot and definitely not cold. Ever since we first started talking on the phone we’ve wanted to go to a theme park together and this was our chance! We had such a blast on all the rides; seriously Mike makes me laugh so hard, he was crying because he was laughing like a little boy on this ride “Night Hawk,” where you are strapped in backwards and have no clue where you are going or what’s coming up next. It was so flippin funny! We made sure to hit that one twice and all the others once. We didn’t know there was a water park there so after riding all the rides, yes even some of the kiddie ones ☺, we drove home and got our swim suits (thankfully it was only 20 minutes away-I LOVE IT HERE-10 minutes to the city, 15 to the airport, 20 to a theme park-Mike and I want to find some place like this to live-it’s perfect)!

The water park was a blast; we had so much fun going down some of the rides together on tubes, floating lackadaisically (don’t you just love that word ☺) in the lazy river, and swimming in the tidal wave pool. It started to drizzle but it cleared up in no time and the sun came out-it was a perfect day!

After the theme park we came home, got ready, and Mike took me to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant- AZTECA! YUM! We just don’t understand how it can be so good, “where does all that freshness come from?” Mike kept saying over and over- he makes me laugh so hard. Seriously everything there is so yummy! We will definitely miss a few things when we have to return to Utah.

I dreaded the night to end because it was such an incredible weekend. I love Mike so much and I am so happy we found each other; I really feel like I am the luckiest bird in the world! We are perfect together! It was the best birthday ever!

I have to say I love being 29. You know, a lot of people don’t, but I look forward to my 30’s-it is a new decade with so many better things to look forward too! The 20’s are weird-you are trying to find your place in life, figure out what to do with your education, date crazy boys, make silly mistakes (although I will no doubt make those till I’m 80). I just feel wiser, more content with myself then I ever have been, more confident in myself then ever before…aging is beautiful. I’m jumping out of a airplane on my 30th! ☺

Here are some pictures of our weekend (Carowinds below this entry, The Fray concert above). Video clips will be coming soon, I haven't been able to convert them yet. But in the mean time below is a pre-music video of SWIM, and I created a whole new play list with Jacks Mannequin and The Fray songs (which you will want to pause if you want to listen to the music video).

1 comments:

Steve and Megan said...

happy birthday! sounds like it was a blast!!!