THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Things Beck's Said

The things my four year old says cracks me up. Today it was: "mom, when are you going to have Dad cut your hair already? I'm sick of your hair getting on my blankets." I love this conversation for 2 reasons: 1) like I have a choice where my hair falls out, and 2)I love that in Mr. Beckahm's world dad is THE barber ðŸ˜‚😂
His sweet one today—as I was putting him to bed and he was brushing the hair out of my face: "mom, you just need to let others help you out sometimes....you just need to take a rest!" He's always been my thoughtful, smart, observant boy. ‪#‎lovehim‬ ‪#‎beckahmmomentarethebest‬

This was quite the incredible experience with Mr. Beckahm, it was competition week for Mike (top 25 guys against the rest of the company) and he told Beck's about the competition—that he'd have to be away all week and he'd be working really hard to get deals so he could win this gun.  All week Beck's was talking about how Daddy was doing and if he was going to win this gun.  Mike had a few rough days and one morning at breakfast I told Becks that our job was to pray hard for daddy throughout the day because he was struggling getting sales.  Beckahm's got all wide eyed and he said "mom, I am going to go pray right now!"  He immediately got down from the breakfast table and ran into his room, shut the door and locked it.  I listened outside his door and what I heard was BY FAR the most incredible, precious thing I have ever heard.  With all the sincerity his little 4 year old, innocent, tender, heard could muster, he sat there pouring his heart out to Heavenly Father in prayer, pleading over and over "please let my daddy get four sales today, and then get four sales again, and again, and again....please answer my prayer Heavenly Father...." He was seriously in tears as he was praying, he was so heartfelt and sincere.  And then he went on saying, "I love Jesus so much," "I love this world you created," "thank you for my home, thank you for all that I have." "Bless Amari, bless mommy, bless me Beckahm, and please help my daddy win this gun."  I was blown away. . . what an incredible little boy!


So this is how THIS moment went down. Beckahm—without being the slightest in trouble— says to me "mom, let me out here, I want to walk home." Me: "Buddy, you're in a sweater and sweats and it's a sweltering 98 degrees outside...are you sure you can handle this?" Beckahm:"Yep, let me out." Me: "alright, but don't say I didn't warn ya." 
Immediately upon seeing him all innocent like walking down the road, "stranger danger" popped into my head and I decided to test him. He failed.... miserably. But NOT as miserably as his armpits failed him in his attempt to race me home. He bawled his eyes out upon reaching the garage and gave into the statement every mother longs to hear: "you were right, I shouldn't have worn a sweater and sweats today". 2 minutes later he came into the kitchen appropriately dressed for July: tshirt and shorts. The moral of this video and long story is two fold: 1) make damn sure your kids know that a stranger with candy is no friend of mine, and 2) let them dress themselves, and let the chips fall where they may ‪#‎learnbychoiceandconsequence‬ ‪#‎strangerdanger‬ ‪#‎beckahmmoment‬







I'm beyond grateful I captured this little "freak out" moment by Beckahm. The more he grows into his traits the more I see the traits of Mr. Lee Eastman (aka crazy horse) shining through: his incessant need to talk, his funny sense of humor, his over exaggeration, his overly exaggerated fear of blood, his insane ability to memorize and learn at such a rapid, advanced pace (he's our little intellect), to his love for and ability to tell stories...he's got the Eastman genes inside and out  ‪#‎minime‬ ‪#‎mrbeckahmtheincredible‬ ‪#‎freakoutmoment‬‪#‎ihadtolaugh‬



Beckahm is exposed to marriage via Power Rangers.  Before I pulled out the camera he was yelling, "oh no, please don't get married, please don't get married."  It is so funny to hear and see him talk about girls and marriage lately (he is getting more and more curious).  Right now he never wants to leave our home.  I told him "one day you will get married Beck's and you will leave my home and live with your wife in your own home." His response: "and I will call you and you will come pick me up . . . I am never sleeping in another room, I am never leaving your home." HAHAHA


It was competition week for Mike (him and the top 25 against the rest of the company) and he told Beckahm all about it, including the gun he'd win if the top 25 beat out the rest of the guys.  One day I told Beck's that we needed to pray for daddy really hard because he wasn't doing good selling.  He immediately got down from the kitchen table and ran into his room and got on his knees and started pleading with Heavenly Father that his dad would get sales. He was nearly in tears (his prayer was so heart felt) saying "please Heavenly Father let my dad get 4 sales and then 4 sales and 4 sales after that.  Please let him win this gun."  Then he continued to say thanks for Jesus, his brother, his blankets, this earth . . . I wish I could have gotten it all on camera, but he had locked his door ("pray in secret" comes to mind).  It brought me to tears, it was the sweetest thing ever!!


The other day out of no where he says to me (while looking me up and down), "mom, you're looking good!"  I asked him why he said that and he told me because I was dressed in his favorite color :)

Today he said to me "this is a horrible day!" "Why?" I asked him. "Because, you are not the boss of everything mom." "Yes I am," I responded..."No you're not, Dad is the boss!"

We were eating dinner outside Mc Donalds at the playground where there was heavy traffic and Becks was eating his food, minding his own business (not noticing I was paying attention) and he swayed his head back, took a deep breath in and said "ahhhh smell that fresh country air!"  And then he took another deep breath in and said "ahhhh I love the smell of that salty breeze!"  I died laughing, where he get's the phrases he says is beyond me. 

Becks came into me one morning and said something really smart and I asked him, "How did you get so smart? (as I'm pointing to myself winking)." And he says to me, "from Heavenly Father and from my own brain."

He came in to give me hugs and kisses as I was reading to Amari and said "tomorrow dad and I are going to get you something and wrap it up..." Then he left the room and said "mom, I'm going to pray for you tonight."

Amari and becks have such a better relationship now--it's sweet to see becks play with his brother, and see Amari follow him around. And to hear brother call Becks call him his buddy or try to let me know what he needs. 


Every morning Becks likes to get Amari up and bring him to see me. Morning ritual: becks gets up when he hears us get up (or rather it's been mike waking early) and he goes and gets the cat and Amari. When he knows I'm up he runs in with a big smile and says good morning to me and gives me a big hug and kiss and then he asks me how I slept. He then goes to get Amari to see me. 

At least 6x a day becks asks, "what day is it after this day?". I tell him the day and then he asks "what day is it after that day?" This goes on for the seven days in the week. Then he will ask "what are we doing on that day?" Or "where are we going for that day?" He's been obsessed with this for so long that Mike and I finally made him a "days of the week" board :). 

He loves going on dates with mom and dad. This month he reminded us it was HIS date night :). 

He loves spooky things. It astonishes me that he doesn't get scared of watching spooky shows like Halloween Alvin and the Chipmunks, Halloween Scooby Doo and Nightmare Before Christmas. 

Every time you ask him what Jacks name is he says "jack the skeleton nightmare before Xmas :)"

Becks watched Lion King for the first time and during the part where the Simba's dad dies he got really emotional and started saying, " no, he can't die, he can't die, that is just so sad." Tears started to well up in his eyes and he moved his blankets over his face and tried to laugh them away because he was embarrassed that he was beginning to cry.  But then he went back to being sad and then he tried to cover it up again.  This was the first time he felt like crying in a movie and he said to me "I'm gonna cry...I don't want to cry."  I held onto him, tears coming down my cheeks because watching him made me all choked up, and told him that it was okay to cry, that he should be embarrassed, and that when I was little I cried when watching this movie.  It was one of the most precious things Mike and I were privy to see.  

Lately Becks has been saying such incredible prayers, prayers that last a really long time and are so thought out.  He says "thank you for this great earth, for these great cities, for our blankets, our cars . . . please bless the missionaries, thank you for the gospel, please bless our home, thank you for the Holy Ghost, please bless Jesus :), please help mommy's back to feel better, please bless Jack's (the cats) owie to go away . . . " It makes me smile and warms my heart every time I hear him pray.  He is also the first one to remind us that we need to pray over our meals and the first one to remind us to read our scriptures every morning :) 


0 comments: