THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Sealing



What a sacred, beautiful, and memorable experience our sealing was.  To be able to sit in the celestial room with my groom of four years and ponder upon all the trials and hardships we had been through to finally get to this moment was truly an emotional experience.  I am grateful we stuck with each other through the good times and bad and that we felt prepared and ready to make this eternal commitment to one another.  I have truly never loved Mike more!

It was incredibly emotional to be able to see our families there to support us.  I am so grateful my family traveled the distance and was able to be there to share this special day with us.

I became quit emotional when I saw my brother who was one of our witnesses, sitting across the altar from us.  I was so grateful he was there to not only represent the brothers in my family but to represent my father who couldn’t be there.  I am so grateful I can count on Dave to always be there for me when I need him.  He has been such a great influence in our life and we have felt so blessed having been able to live by him and his family and grow in our relationship.  I had to give him a big hug before the sealing started and express my appreciateion to him. 

I was also so grateful my mother could be there to assist Becks before the sealing began and during the sealing when she helped hold his little hand on ours across the altar.

I will never forget how inspired our sealer was—highlighting things in the endowment he encouraged us to remember that would not only help us in our companionship but as our role as parents.
It was a beautiful experience to be sealed to Mike and to know we were taking the most important step we could take in becoming an eternal family.  When they brought our little guy into the sealing room all of my emotions came to surface.  To see his little eyes light up and watch him as he waved to everyone and took in all of his surroundings made my heart fill with so much joy. It was such a memorable and sacred moment to have him put his hands on ours as the sealer sealed him to us for time and all eternity.  He was so respectful and well-behaved.  In fact, there was a moment where he intently and quietly watched the sealer as he went through the sealing ordinance, almost as if he was recalling something familiar, something he already understood.  We were able to stand as a family after the ordiance was over and look into the mirror and catch a glimpse of this sacred connection existing throughout eternity.  It was a moment I will never forget.  I am truly grateful that Beckahm, although he may never remember this moment, was able to be apart of our sealing and that baby August will be born under the covenant. 

We are so grateful once again for the hospitality of everyone that had us in their home, for the great memories we made with our family and friends,  for my sister who threw such a beautiful shower for me, and for the sacrifice people made to be there to celebrate our sealing.  We love you all so much!!




























Dinner at Rio Grande with our families and lights at Temple Square


































































0 comments: