THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Birmingham Zoo

The zoo was, well, what can I say, a "zoo."  It wasn't the BEST zoo we have been too, and we ran into a bit of "trouble" (via some opinionated Southern folk), but we made the best of it and made some fun memories.

FB post I made regarding this lovely opinion thrown my way:

@ the zoo, got a nasty opinion from another mother--my first  for leaving Amari for a few minutes while I took beck's to an exhibit. Someone might need to come bail me out of jail cause she said she's calling the police . It amazes me how people get all worked up over others lives. Love it!! 



  • Christian Jensen Amanda... maybe you need to go to RedBox and get Home Alone again! 

  • Amanda Moncur I posted that for you Deirdre Lynn Davis because you are always getting opinions about how to mother your kids and I have never experienced that till now--wowzers!
  • Christian Jensen Ya really do need to be careful obviously. But that's funny!
  • Amanda Moncur Funny thing he was in my site the whole time
  • Deirdre Lynn Davis of course she was being careful she was aware of where her child was . . . . no funny its crazy I have never in my life walked up to a complete stranger and told them how to parent, how to mother, how to be a wife . . . NEVER. I don't get it or understand it
  • Deirdre Lynn Davis if someone is beating their kids in public than everyone has a right to approach and say something but that is the only situation period end of ranting
  • Christian Jensen Home Alone Amanda... go study it! How careless can you be!!!??? 

  • Amy Niu When I went, someone told me that I needed to put sunscreen on Dresden because his cheeks were red. His cheeks are always red when he is hot! I get it all the time whenever we live in the south.
  • Amanda Moncur Amy Niu that is so funny you said that cause I was observing people all over the zoo and opinions were flying left and right. Who knew people in the south have so much insight to offer. I just can't help but wonder why the comment couldn't have been "wow I can see your hands are full and you are all by yourself and that the exhibit won't let you take your stroller in, what a great mom you are to take your toddler to the zoo." Nope, I wouldn't be so lucky. Guess People are of the opinion that I should stay home all the time cause I have a baby.
  • Amanda Moncur Last thing I am going to say about it: do you really think I want my child to be abducted? Do you really think I didn't think through the decision I made and took the necessary precautions first? thanks for caring more for my child's safety than I supposedly do , appreciate that!
  • Deirdre Lynn Davis exactly what i said above . . . of course you thought through it!! ridiculous.
  • Heather Lyman Haha when I went, a couple saw Hannah climbing on the railing to get a better look at the animals (enclosed in glass) and they told me how a boy back where they're from climbed up one of those and fell in the exhibit and died. I couldn't think of anything to say so I just stared blankly back.
  • Brooke Hurst people neef
  • Brooke Hurst oops, people need yo mind there own business. you r a fantastic mamma, !!
  • Brooke Hurst man, i cant spell today!!
  • Amanda Moncur Brooke Hurst thanks sweet lady! You are nice to say that 

  • Allie Bryn Moncur Panter Wow really, id be in jail a lot then, were mommys who soend every minute thinking and doing all we can to protect our kids we wouldnt leave them if we thought they would be harmed and its not careless to do our best in juggeling life with two or more children. I have left kids in car to run in a store for two minutes, I have left my kids in cart and walked down a isle to grab a bag of chips to hurry and return to my cart seconds later, I have let ava wonder around in a clothing store or mobie rental store while I did my own looking around, I have even let her play outside for thirty minutes with me inside and only checking on her every so often. I even sit my kids in front of a tv wbile im upstairs getting ready. Shoot us now for doing the best we can to make our kids and selfs happy. Its not our job to make complete strangers happy or understand or agree with what we do. Your a perfect mom so dont let complete stranger bioches ruin it for you Amanda Moncur
  • Amanda Moncur Allie Bryn Moncur Panter HAHA you make me laugh. So many things you just listed: DIDO! It is impossible to be every where at the same time. My mom would be locked away for life for allowing us to roam city streets and the countryside into the night when we were kids. I don't think she even knew where we were half of the time and I am 10x more cautious than her. But I still believe that you can't live out of fear, you need to let your kids LIVE life (i.e. your example of letting them play, roam, adventure outside without you constantly watching them). AMEN Sista!


















First time Beck's got to feed a giraffe; he did so well!!





































0 comments: