THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 13, 2013

Beckahm's Turns 2!!

I can't believe our little guy is already two years old; it seems like just yesterday that we brought him and his head full of crazy hair, home from the hospital.

What a life this little guy has led already! I love him so incredibly much; there are so many attributes and traits that I adore about him from his tender heart (the loves and kisses he randomly bestows upon me), his observing behavior, his hilarious sense of humor, the way he talks . . . the list goes on and on.  This is a little tribute I wrote to our little man on FB.  Suffice it to say my list could run on and on but I will let his blog updates do the rest of the talking :).

I can't believe our little Beckahm is already 2! Where has the time gone? 

Man how I love this little guy that has been such a blessing in my life. I love how soft hearted he is (i.e. when he spills something and he sees that I am upset he goes to get the broom and dust pan—never minding the mess is on the carpet— and points to himself while saying "I do," "I do"). I love how affectionate he is with his little brother (i.e. I will catch him, when he thinks I am not looking, tickling his brother, patting him on the back, and kissing his forehead). Attached to that love is the incredible love he bestows on me, at random, each day. He will come up and grab me around the neck and with the biggest smile on his face, and while saying "ahhh", he gives me the biggest hug; it melts my heart every time! I love how much he loves conversing with me (i.e. there are so many incredible examples I could give, but I love that every time we drive past the school and he sees the kids out at recess he points to himself and says to me "I go, I go". I say "yep, one day you will get to go to school Beckahm." Then without fail he points to his back and says "pack?" "Yes Beckahm", I say, "you will get to wear a backpack to school one day." Then he says to me "bus . . . mom . . ." "Yes Beckahm, you may just ride the bus to school or mommy will drive you." Satisfied with this repeated conversation he sighs, sits back and smiles). I LOVE his sense of humor. I love that he thinks I am the funniest person on the planet and that he likes being silly with me (i.e. dancing around the house, on the couch, and any other surface we can touch, to the 50's).


I LOVE how he knows exactly what he wants (i.e. what clothes he wants to wear for the day, what he wants for breakfast each morning, and exactly when he wants me to stop singing him and just park him in his crib already).

I love this little man that I am so fortunate to have call me Mommy! Happy Birthday little boy!!

What a FUN birthday Beck's had.  I am so happy he was able to spend it with his buddies.  He has made some precious friends out here in his Daddy's work group (Taija, Rhett, Treyhton, IndieRose Anderson, and Bentley and BrittonMae Woods).  

His obsession the past few months is SUPERHEROES.  He loves wearing his superhero shirts, reading superhero comic books, and saying everything with "super" before it while raising his arm in the air.  So this years theme was a no brainer.  Although daunting (my favorite past time of crafting is a little complicated now having two kiddos) putting together this birthday  party for him was a huge success, just seeing his face light up and seeing him have so much fun interacting with his friends was totally worth every minute spent putting this thing together.  

Hundreds of pictures were taken and I can't decide which ones to post so here they all are!! 



Superhero mom!





Daddy putting together his red, vintage kitchen!

Taija Anderson!
Birthday breakfast!



Opening his birthday gifts (he LOVED the kitchen, the monster truck, Grandma Moncur's cape, and Grandma Eastman's books/bug box!



















Opening his gift from Grandma Eastman :) He thought of putting the peanuts in his bug box for his reptile all on his own—LOVE!!





















We were able to take him the fire station and he got to meet the firemen and sit on the truck




Flag they dug out of the storm during Katrina



Firehouse Subs for lunch!



All tuckered out after lunch!
Photobooth for kiddos

Invitation

Step by step of his spiderman cake!










Superhero Party Favors

I modgepodged pencils and the boxes with a comic book I had! 































Superhero game: shoot down villain on balloon with nerf gun

Vintage superhero signs they held for their pictures (coordinating with who they were as superheroes)
















Amari's cape and shirt I made
Kids superhero capes/masks.  Bentley: Batman; Treyhton: The Incredible Hulk; Rhett: Captain America; Beck's: Spiderman; BrittonMae: Princess; Taija: Wonderwoman







Party Decor




Mike did a great job with the spiderweb and spiderman



Picture taking before friends arrived












Let the party begin! Everyone had so much fun!!

IndieRose and Amari (she is obsessed with him :)









Our littlest superhero!








LOVE THESE pictures of the kids!





































Pin villan on spiderweb







Draw your best superhero






















Let the obstacle course begin! Themed around "unfreezing" your superhero at the end.  Also themed around the #2 and things Beck's loves doing on a daily basis!























































 You LOVED your spiderman cake!






































 You gave hugs to all of your friends before they left :)

You held onto BrittonMae a little longer than the others :)














After your friends left you put on your rain boots and got your umbrella and went outside to wave goodbye to them in the rain (totally your idea!) 




 We reenacted blowing out the candle because it didn't work outside due to the wind!








1 comments:

kimber said...

You sure know how to throw a party! Love that little guy!