THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beck's Goes Potty!!


I have been so anxious about teaching Beck's how to use the potty only because I heard nightmare stories from people about potty training.  I read the book "How to Train Your Kid to Go Potty in Three Days", I took him shopping for his underwear (he picked out superhero underwear—go figure), got the toilet seat, and all the books and videos on going potty from the library.

Well, I had the best intentions of starting one designated week and then it got pushed off to the following week, and the following week, because of unforeseen events.  I have been a bit agitated at myself for not just getting it done because he has shown SO many signs of readiness and willingness.

Well, all of those books I got him and had been reading to him every other night, paid off, one night after the bath he simply told me he had to go "poopy" and to my surprise he jumped on the toilet and tried to go. The third attempt he made (completely without my encouragement or assistance), he actually went pee-pee! I couldn't even believe it.  Since then he as wanted to go on the potty even though I still haven't officially started training him.

Beckahm never ceases to amaze me! He is so smart! His observant personality really pays off when it comes to things like potty training.

Potty training officially begins next week.  But here are pictures of his first real potty! SO PROUD OF HIM (and I must say he was QUITE PROUD of himself)!! Love that little dude.










0 comments: