THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A fashion show with Beckahm!

I decided to do a little photo shoot with me and my little man Beckahm for a couple of reasons: 1) I wanted to give hope to moms to be that you can still find cute things to wear and feel good in. I don't know how many random people I have ran across who vocalize how worried they are about not being able to fit into anything or be fashionable when pregnant. Sometimes I agree it can be hard not to fit into ALL of your old clothes, but the joy is you get to buy some cute NEW clothes :). AND if you shop smart you can buy a few things that you can wear a lot of different ways. Have FUN with your growing belly and don't be afraid to show your pride and joy (baby) off; 2) We can't afford to get some professional pics and I wanted to make sure I got SOME pics of Beckahm as he is coming into his last two months, also who knows when or if I might get pregnant again, and 3) if those aren't good enough reasons I have had people ask to see pics of the "baby bump", so here ya go!

Three different outfits you can make with one key piece—a long dress. I love my new sea green CK flat shoes!



Pair with jeans and gray pumps




As a dress for church paired with some gray leggings with a cute zipper down the ankle and the same gray pumps


Same gray pumps paired with a teal dress


Nautical (navy and white stripped dress) with gray pumps

It is hard to find dresses that are a good length. This one, as you can see, was a bit too short so I remedied the problem in two ways: 1) my mom helped me sew on an extension piece of matching blue material:

And 2) pair it with some matching navy leggings! VOILA problem solved!

Dress up with a cute coat; don't be afraid to play with colors! I LOVE YELLOW
This coat came with these hideous gold buttons. Remedy: replace with some cream, vintage looking buttons for a much cuter version!


For some reason I have been loving stripes during my pregnancy. I love the asymmetrical pattern in this shirt. It is comfy in the right places and still form fitting to show off your belly. Pair with jeans and some matching shoes or some cute leggings and pumps.





Again, love the stripes and COLORS. Don't be afraid to play with your style and taste during pregnancy. Everything else is changing, why not change up your fashion?




Pair with matching coat and some cute boots. Mike got me these thigh highs for Christmas and I LOVE THEM! They are super comfortable as they are wedges and I don't think I have received so many compliments on any other pair of boots I own.





Another one of my favorites: an oversized, short, teal coat



Long purple tunic shirt paired with skinny jeans and some black and white alligator pumps



Goes great, again, with teal coat.



I love yellows and grays together!
Get some jeans that have some texture on the back pockets. I found these for $30 and they fit great; stretchy material but still skinny jean fit with some black studs on back pockets.
Paired with another striped asymmetrical gray and white shirt and some great gray ankle boots.




Simple long, ivory fitted tunic with cowl neck line. Super comfy!

Add some layers with a gray cardigan
Or matching ivory cardigan
Totally casual! I LOVE hats whether it is a bad hair day or not. Pair with long shirt, jeans, and some comfy cute tennes! Mike got me these black and white Kangaroos for Christmas! I LOVE THEM!



Switch out another hat, add a cute cuff as an accessory



DRESSY—simple, black fitted lace dress paired with white and black alligator heels


Can't hide the belly here!





And here are some pics of the actual belly. Cute baby boy, I LOVE YOU!!!








2 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

You are gorgeous and stylish with that beautiful baby bump!! Love the colors, texture, patterns!!! Next time I get pregnant I am going to fly to AZ and have you be my fashion consultant during my last trimester.

Okay so now you need to do a post and link all your favorite stores (where you buy your dresses, shirts, skinny jeans for $30!!!! and of course where you get your heels and cute pointed shoes!!! Also where did you get that beautiful classy lace black dress?

and . . . those cute vintage coats!!!??

Thanks for the fun post!

Sure love you Dre

Nielsen Family said...

super cute. I need you to take me shopping!!! SERIOUSLY!!!