THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 3, 2010

YUMMY Recipes

OH the joys of being pregnant! I love and hate food even more! :) I figured since food is becoming more and more apart of my pregnancy I'd start blogging a few of the new dishes I have been making. I love cooking and I love trying new things. Here is the start to a few of my recent favorites, ENJOY!


I made this Blueberry Yogurt Cake because I had some plain yogurt in my fridge and wanted to find a way to use it. Let's just say I am so grateful for that leftover yogurt. If you want something you can't stop eating this is your treat; it stays moist for days! It is great for breakfast, as a snack with a delicious cup of Rooibus tea (my favorite), or dessert! Mike and I fell in love with it! AND if you are allergic to gluten, like me, I omitted the flour with Betty Crocker's Gluten-Free Bisquick Mix and honestly you can't even tell the difference with this one. I also used frozen blueberries instead of fresh; just zap them in the microwave for a few seconds before adding them to your batter. ENJOY!!


Prep and Cook Time: 55 minutes.

Yield: Makes 6 generous servings

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Add yogurt and mix; gently stir in blueberries.

3. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts. Pour half the cake batter into a buttered and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture and top with the remaining batter.

4. Combine the remaining brown sugar mixture with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle over the top of the batter. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.




0 comments: