THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Black Bean Chili

This had become one of my favorite Chili Recipes. If you want some chili with a bit of kick to it, this is delish!!! Simply serve with cornbread and you have a perfect winter dinner!

Black Bean Chili


Ingredients

3 cups of cooked black beans
1 can petite chopped tomatoes
1 T Cajun seasoning
1 T chili powder
1 4 oz can of green chili
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
1/2 chopped onion
1 T olive oil
1 pound ground beef

Directions

Saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil until tender. Add meat and cook. Depending on the % of fat your meat has, you may want to drain off some excess fat. When you have finished cooking the meat add green chili, beans, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook until hot. Serve with cheese, sour cream, cilantro and corn bread muffins.

I used fresh roasted green chili that I pulsed a few times in my food processor. I also added one fresh tomato that needed to be used from the garden.

For the Cajun season I mix up the following: 1/4 c salt, 3 T garlic powder, 3 T fresh ground black pepper, 1/4 t cayenne pepper, 1 T paprika. I put this in a jar and use it for all kinds of things.

0 comments: