THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm finally home!



The finished product—Christian took this one to show Mike what he FORTUNATELY got out of doing!! :)
I can't believe I am finally home and done with that horrendous packing/moving trip. I am so grateful, once again, for Mike's immediate and extended family; I couldn't have done it without any of you! Thank you Alicen for taking the time to come and help! It was one of the hardest tasks I have had to undertake alone and I learned three great lessons: LIVE SIMPLY (man we have a ton of stuff), don't ever, ever pack up an entire house alone it is next to impossible, and don't buy a ton of breakable items; the worst thing about packing is bubble wrapping everything! I don't know how I managed to do the packing on my own in a little over 24 hours (little sleep, lots of prayers, and my mothers strong will).

It is crazy to think we are officially out of our first home. It was a little nostalgic to look around and see empty rooms and remember all of the wonderful memories we'd created in our home. I will miss it!

We still don't know where our next journey will take us but as Mike keeps saying, "it is exciting; nothing else matters as long as we are together!" So true. I have realized that being away for a few days is good for any relationship; it makes you appreciate what you have so much more. I am happy to be home with my man and my kitty—I love our little family!

It was so good to see some of Mikes family, although briefly, while I was there. I am grateful to have married into a wonderful family! It was so nice to spend time with good friends as well. I am so happy Les and I got the chance to catch up; she is always someone I can relate to on every level! I love good friends who unconditionally love you!

I am so excited to celebrate the 4th here in Seattle; it is one of my favorite holidays and it will be nice to celebrate it in a new place. I hear that Seattle's fireworks show is one of the best in the nation so we are hoping it doesn't rain and we can enjoy it together with friends. Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

1 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Hey you! I am glad you are home too. You look so great and happy. Love ya! Hey we will be in the states tomorrow. Ww could not call you on our phones. I wil lhave Jared call, but I also need to talk to you about your house in Utah. Loves.