THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

bye bye

Amanda stood at the Southwest Airline counter and checked her two bags in. She was carrying her new hat that we bought in the city. She looked so beautiful. I sat in my car buckled my seat belt and slowly pulled away. My stomach dropped as I watched her, knowing I wouldn't see her in person for a month! I thought of the past week and all the wonderful moments we shared together. I thought of the past month and of all the wonderful moments we've shared. I thought of the past year and of all the wonderful moments we've shared. I thought of how grateful I am for her and how bad I am going to miss her. I got sad with all of these thoughts and I turned up the radio to drowned out my thoughts. However my thoughts were wearing life vests and it only worked for a moment, a very brief moment....2 seconds in fact....then I heard the song by Neyo-Mad at You, and it reminded me of my Princess. Most songs remind me of her. We love music, and it seems as though there is always a sound track for certain periods of time-weeks, months, years....that when we hear those songs they take us back to a memory-a memory filled with emotions of every kind. It's amazing how music can be linked to memories. Back to the story...I walked in the door to our ONE STAR apartment and felt an emptiness. I walked into the bathroom and the counter was clean, there were no make up bags, no hair spray, no Amanda. It's going to take a few days at least to get used to being alone. I sat down on the couch, little Nika beside me and logged into BLOGGER. It didn't work the first two times but on the third try it logged me right in. Now I'm wrapping this story up, legs up and crossed sitting on the couch with the computer on my lap. My hat is tilted up and my shirt is coming untucked. I better fix myself up so I can go to work. I'm going to get 3 today. I love you baby! I'll be thinking of you all day! I can't wait to talk to you tonight!!

2 comments:

The Moncurs said...

That was seriously the most adorable thing, really Mike. I love you sooo much! Everything inside me goes calm when I am near you. It was good to hear your voice when I got home. I love seeing all of your things in our closet. I love wearing your t-shirt while I go to sleep in this HOT bedroom :). I sprayed your cologne all over me when I got out of the shower--yum! I miss you!

BTW I loved the "ONE STAR" comment and the life jacket reference....that is WHY I love you (amongst many many more reasons)! I don't think I can sleep tonight without you by my side. But yes, I got linksys to pull up although it took all night. I adore you love you and miss you incredibly!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I am leaving on Monday to be away from Andrew for a month!!! We can do this!! it is sad being apart. Glad you are both going to keep yourselves busy!! Get those sales Mike so you can see Amanda. Yahoo for finishing your schooling this Summer! Good luck on Monday, only two semesters to go. Thanks for supporting Amanda, Mike!