THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tornado 30 seconds from our house

Mike left out of town this morning, I went about my daily routine with the boys.  About 6pm it started thundering and lightening.  I had the boys in the bath when the power first went out.  About 3 minutes later it turned back on.  I hurried and got the boys out of the bath and got them ready for bed just as the power went out again.  After 5 minutes in the dark I decided it was best to find the flashlights.  We located the flashlights and tired filling some with batteries.  I went to flip the switch on the breaker in the garage and nothing happened. So I went out side to see if our neighbors power was out.  The storm had stopped and their was a strong warm breeze in the air.  I went back inside and grabbed my phone to call Mike and noticed an alert on my phone that said "Tornado in your area, take shelter now!" I ran the boys into our Master closet.  I tried calling Mike but my service wouldn't work so I told the boys to stay put and I ran out in the back yard to see if I could get service. He called me and asked if I was okay, that he had gotten a call from the ward checking in on us to see if we were okay.  He told me that a tornado was coming through our area.  I looked up at the sky and noticed a greenish light.  I then started to hear sirens blasting.  I ran back in the closet and stayed there with the kids for 20 minutes or so.  I got a call from a member in our ward asking if I was okay. I told him we were fine and asked him to give me an update on the tornado. He said it passed right through our area so he was making sure were weren't affected.  Needless to say it was scary.  The boys ended up sleeping in our closet all night just to be safe, and the power didn't turn back on till mid morning the next day.  

As I was driving the kids to the gym I was blown away to see the damage that was done literally 30 seconds from our house.  I was so grateful it missed our house! My friend Lisa who works at the gym and who lives close to me said the road we live on is the path tornados usually hit every year.  Yikes! Time to move! 





The church right down the road from us (steeple removed) 

Trees ripped up every where
















0 comments: