THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beckahm's Blessing

What a special day this was, to have Mike bless Beckahm. We are so grateful that Dave, Kyle, and friends from the ward could be involved in this wonderful occasion. Beckahm remained perfectly calm during the blessing and Mike did a wonderful job blessing Beckham with the knowledge that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love him; with the gift of faith; with a knowledge of the atonement and to be able to apply it in his life in a wonderful way; to have the spirit guide him; to have an understanding of the gospel and an accurate perception of what is is; to be a leader; to be an example to those around him.

I am grateful for the power of the priesthood and that Mike was able to bless our little boy today. I am so honored to be Beckahm's mother. He brings such a sweet spirit into our home; he is such a blessing to Mike and I.

I am grateful for my brother Dave. He was able to bear his testimony in our ward and it was a blessing for me to hear it. I look up to him so much; he is such a good example to me. He is someone who I know I can confide, someone I know is there to support me and offer a sound perspective on things, and someone I know will love me unconditionally. I can't express enough how grateful I am for Kimber and her family and how much love they have shown to Mike and I. We are blessed to live here at this time and be so close to these wonderful, generous people that we have grown to love and appreciate so much more. I am grateful Beckahm has the chance to get to know these wonderful people and that he can grow up around family.

I shared my testimony with my little boy on his personal blog, but I wanted to include it here as well.

"I want you to know sweet baby boy that I love you tremendously. You are a miracle in my life. Your Daddy and I are bound together in a way we never could have been if you had not come into our family. I can't tell you enough how much of an example you are to me. Even when you are hungry, tired, hot, or overstimulated you have such a happy countenance. You are always laughing and smiling. The light in your eyes is a witness to me of God's perfect love—that he could send one of his most righteous and valiant spirits to live with us here on earth. I want you to know that you can always turn to the Savior when times are hard (or even when they are easy). Have wonderful conversations with Him about everything; make that relationship you have with him personal because I know it will be of utmost value to you in your life. I have a testimony of our Saviors love for us; a love strong enough that He gave his very life that you and I might have this mortal experience and ultimately choose happiness and righteousness. I know he loves you so much and I can feel that you have a close connection to him. I want you to know that I have a testimony of the gospel, I know it is true. It casts light on such invaluable perspectives that would otherwise be hard to see if we didn't have it on the earth today. I have a testimony of the scriptures, in them holds the answers to all of life's questions; I have turned to them in my greatest hours of need and have found great peace and comfort from their words. I want you to know that you have so many people that love you, that support you and that will help you through this life. I hope you can turn to me and your dad in any situation and know that we will try and be understanding, loving, and supportive in the best way we know how. Thank you for being such a wonderful little boy. I am honored to be your mother and I want you to know I will always love you, my first born son."

Some pics of my special day:
Auntie Kimber made this yummy dessert
Dave, Daddy, and Kyle
Kimber, Mommy, and Kasey
Playing with his cousins
Hanging with Uncle Dave




1 comments:

kimber said...

Cute pics! We are so glad you guys are living here so that we can share this special time with you and get to know Beckahm! We love the little guy!!