THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mannheim

Stacey was so kind and generous to invite Mike and I to the Mannheim Steamroller concert in SLC Thursday evening. Talk about experiencing nostalgic moments— taking you back to your childhood! I remember every December, along with Kenny R and Dolly P, listening to the Mannheim albums. They bring back so many cherished memories spent with my family. This last video I uploaded made me cry when I saw it live. I couldn't help but remember Deirdre and Michelle doing this duet each year on the piano and keyboard. Even though they fought about the other messing up, and got frustrated with it, it added such a memorable Christmas spirit to our home. I love my family dearly and I miss being young and spending Christmas's together as kids. The power of music is amazing; it has the ability to recall thousands of feelings, thoughts, and memories. I wish everyone could have been there at the concert. It reminded me of all of you, especially my dearest mother. I am glad Mike enjoyed it (he had never heard of them and I was a bit wary cause they are a bit different, but he liked it). It will be a tradition I pass on to my children. Thanks again Stace! It was awesome to see you and to set the tone for Christmas with Mannheim.





1 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I am going to put in my music right now. I loved being reminded of those fun Christmas memories! Childhood is wonderful isn't it?