THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Beckahm's 6th Birthday

This little man holds such a special place in my heart. He made me a mama 6 years ago and I have to say I have never been so proud to be somebody's mother. As a mother you think you are your child's greatest teacher, but I have to admit this well beyond his years, smart (some times too "know it all" smart) little man teaches me every day. Each and every day he shows me how to love deeper, how to accept anyone and everyone, how to give selflessly, how to laugh, and how to live life to the fullest. 

I love his creative and giving spirit. He is always leaving me notes and pictures around the house of things he has drawn for me (usually me and him together). He is always picking me flowers on his walk home from school. Each night I tell him things about him that made me proud of him that day. Well, last night he said "you want to know the things I'm proud of you for mom?" Tell me, I said. "I'm proud of you for taking care of Amari. I'm proud of you for taking care of our family. I'm proud of you for wanting to put together a birthday party for me. I'm proud of you for telling me things. And I'm proud of you for being the best mom ever!" 

Every night before drifting off to sleep, he says "mom, want to meet me in heaven tonight in our dreams?" We meet in a new spot every night and go on wild adventures together. These are the moments I want to bottle up forever! 

Happiest birthday little man! You will always be my #1 Beckahm. I love you more than I can even put to words little man, and I am beyond grateful you chose to be born into this family 6 years ago. Heaven definitely has a vacancy with you gone but I sure am honored that I get to spend as long as I am allowed to, in this earthly home with you. 



Becks is obsessed with Pokémon right now so of course he wanted a Pokémon themed birthday party. I love how much he loves his friends; he is such a social creature. Everyone that meets Mr. Beckahm immediately loves him. 

We played pin the tail on the Pikachu, shot nerf darts at bad Pokémon characters, made Pokémon characters out of clay, hunted for Pokémon outside (they each got their own poke balls), piñata, pizza, cake and ice cream. 

After the party mike took Becks rock climbing, and then Becks requested Chinese for dinner so we took the boys to a hibachi house which they completely loved. Then Becks and I went to see Power Rangers—we had the theater to ourselves. It was such a fun day celebrating the life of this little man. 



never again will I attempt a homemade piñata.  I thought "how easy" and then 5 hours later I was cursing crepe paper and the invention of paper mache 






Pokeball donuts for breakfast 







Opening a few gifts in the morning 











he loved his new bike 












Pizza, cake, ice cream, fruit with fruit dip





















Games: Pin the tail on the Pickachu, nerf gun wars (hitting the bad Pokemon characters), make your own Pokemon with modeling clay, hunting for Pokemon in the poke balls I got them, piñata. 











On the hunt for Pokemon












I was surprised it lasted as long as it did









He hand picked every person there, he loves his friends so much! 








Amari and I chilling while Dad took Becks rock climbing



Amari had way too much cake :) 




He loves rock climbing and he is so good at it! 


Beckahm wanted Chinese for dinner so we took him to a Habachi restaurant; the boys loved it! 





Movie time! We went and saw Power Ranger and then I got him a slushy afterwards.  What a great end to a perfect day.  



Auntie Jean sent him a homemade card with some Pokemon cards; he loved it.  He is so very loved! 




0 comments: