THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update

Mike and I had no idea if this would be our last week together before Beckahm came so we planned a few things together just in case. It was so nice having him home from Cali. The trip went awesome! We will have to post a blog some time about the amazing opportunity we've been given through this company; it has definitely been a blessing from the Lord.

Sunday I gave my last lesson in Primary; it was a bit sad saying goodbye to all of my girls, but they are so excited about Beckahm's arrival.

Monday Mike took me out to dinner and to a movie—Ninfa's for fish tacos and fajitas, and "True Grit"—it's always nice to go out on date night together. I was just commenting to Mike the other day how spoiled I feel that we get to spend so much time together, unlike most couples, and how grateful I am that we get along so well because if we didn't being around each other the majority of days would be hard. I don't think most couples could do it; in fact I would venture to say that most couples get a long as well as they do because they are away from each other the majority of the day :). But Mike and I are each others best friend; we love being around each other even if we aren't doing anything in particular together. I am grateful he will be able to be around so much for Beckahm, to see him grow, to play with him, teach him, and be such an active role model in his life. Mikes job is definitely not easy by any means, it's a lot of hard work and sacrifice at times, but we feel blessed for the amount of success we have achieved the past year and can only hope it will continue so we can reach even greater goals together: going on service missions, living abroad with our children and allowing them to experience different cultures, starting or contributing to a charity that we believe in, etc.

Mike had some training's this week and I have been busy with VT appointments, a Dr. appointment, finishing my Baby Whisperer book, etc. Mike was sweet enough to buy me a gift certificate to get a mani-pedi, which I thoroughly enjoyed on Thursday. I also got my hair colored/trimmed at a new salon I found in Phoenix; I am not sure how I feel about the new look but it is what it is :).

We love that AZ has so many long walking trails everywhere; we took advantage of one of our beautiful mornings here and went on a long walk together— something I have come to enjoy since we have moved here.

Tuesday Beckahm's crib arrived and Mike stayed up late putting it together after his ward missionary meeting. We love it! It is so modern and functional (4-in-1 with changing table). I can't wait to move into our 2 bedroom apartment and decorate Beckahm's room.

Our last scheduled Dr. appt was on Thursday. Last week the Dr. told us he was scheduling to induce me on Beckahm's due date, the 26th, but I was only dilated at a 1 or a 2 so I told him I would prefer to come in for another checkup on the 26th and see if both mom and baby were okay to go past his due date, hoping he'd come on his own time. So that is what we are doing, waiting to see when BECKAHM DECIDES TO COME not when it is most convenient for us (even though Mike and I are dying with anticipation :). The Dr. told me there was a great chance he could come this weekend because of all of the contractions I have been having, but as the days have past I kind of put that idea out of my head. Each night I wonder if it will be "the night;" some times I feel like he is never going to come, like I am just going to be prego forever :). We talk each night how we can't wait to have him in our home; we are so excited and so ready to be parents to this little prince.

Sunday we had such a wonderful Easter. The lessons given in church were just what I needed: the beauty of children and all of the important lessons we can learn from them through the character traits they possess (humility, love, forgiveness, the ability to be teachable, etc.). It hit me how I am not going to be the only teacher in my home, there are so many things Beckahm is going to be able to teach me. I am starting to see that we truly can't grow and develop some of the most important Christlike qualities within ourselves without the influence of children in our life. I can't wait to begin on this path of motherhood; I look forward to all of the lessons my son is going to teach me.

We are so blessed to be "adopted" by Kimber's family. She has such wonderful parents who are so thoughtful and generous in inviting us to family events such as Easter. We had such a wonderful time being with family, having a wonderful meal, visiting with each other, and watching Dave and Mike play kick ball with the grandkids. I love seeing Mike so hands on with children, even those that aren't his own. He is going to make such a wonderful dad; I can't wait to see him with Beckahm. I agree 100% with Kimber's mom, Judy, who said before we left "it is such an attractive thing to see a man, like Mike, who is so hands on with kids." I truly believe he was born with a unique gift that makes children gravitate towards him; every child he encounters loves him.

We thought little Beckahm would come today but we continue waiting . . .

Growing and having contractions every day!






1 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Love you hair! I HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PREGNANT MOMMY. WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED FOR YOU. WHAT IF HE COMES ON MOM'S B-DAY. I THINK YOU ARE SO WISE TO LET HIM COME WHEN HE IS READY. LOVE YOU, MIKE AND BECKHAM. YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.