THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Update

This week we were able to go out boating with Dave who had to take a group of ballroom dancers who were in town from St. George. It was nice to be out on the water, soaking up the sun. Mike was able to try wind surfing for the first time and did a good job considering he’d never done it before. (I missed getting a picture of him letting go of the rope but he did let go and was able to surf a while). I am excited for him to teach Beckahm all of these fun sports. It was fun to see Dave do it as well; I have never seen wind surfing before. Although my tummy was a bit sore afterwards, Beckahm loved the ride!












Earlier that morning we went to our Dr. apt and Beckahm is doing great! Right now he is 5lbs and everything looks healthy and on track, albeit his due date is now set to be April 29th.
He is in the prime position (facing back and down low) so hopefully he stays that way till delivery. It has definitely become harder as the weeks have gone on. I have felt super tired and have had a hard time managing the little things like tying my shoes, bending down to get things, working out, etc., but I have tried to keep myself as active as I can because I know I won’t be doing much of anything except recovering and taking care of my little man for the first 4-6 weeks after he is born.

We picked up some new books to read Beckahm at the library and also got two free passes to go to the zoo this week.

Mike reading to Beckahm

Kimber's dad, Ben, referred us to this great Mexican market in Glendale and boy was it a spectacle; I felt like I was literally in Mexico. We dined on some yummy tacos, bought some fresh produce, and some donuts for breakfast. I love being able to get out and see new things; I really am so happy that we live here in AZ.






We were able to feed the homeless this week, something that has become quite enjoyable for me. I love seeing/visiting these people and being able to serve them and offer them a smile. You realize, in those settings, how much we are all the same; we are all brothers and sisters. What a blessing it is for them to have such a great facility close where they can go for shelter, love, and food 3 times a day. I hope as time goes on Mike and I can take our kids on service missions/activities and help those in greater need.

Mike went to CA for a few days to meet with some old friends—golfing and sushi (two things he doesn't really get to do with me because I dislike both :). Beckahm, Nika and I were happy to have him home after a few short days away.

And of course we celebrated our Irish heritage, St. Paddy’s, this week by having a traditional Irish dinner: cornbeef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and popovers—yum!

Today we are having Dave, Kimber, and the kido's over for a BBQ; it has been a while since we have seen them. We always look forward to spending time with the fam.


0 comments: