THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 16, 2009

VALENTINES WEEK



Valentines WEEK: I will give a brief synopsis cause truly it was the most amazing week-Mike SPOILED ME! There wasn’t a day wherein I didn’t feel absolutely loved, needed and wanted by him. Everything he did was so thoughtful, so genuine and planned with the utmost care and recognition of the importance of our marriage, our friendship and our love.

Day 1- I came home from school late and found, as I walked into our garage door, “I LOVE YOU” cut out of hot pink paper. As I came inside there were hearts cut out of the same paper all over the house, each saying different things like “I love the way you smell, I love our deep conversations, I love your determination to succeed and achieve all you put your mind too, I love the way you serve me, I love that you know how to cook, I love your quick wit and impeccable intelligence….” It was the most thoughtful act of love. On the kitchen table I found a single red rose with a note that mentioned this would be a WEEK of Valentines ☺. That night he gave me a foot massage before going to bed…."How did I get so lucky?" I thought. I have the best husband in the world ☺.

Day 2- I came home to a cute hat (to replace the one I lost in Cancun ☺), a bunch of coupons-full body massage, bubble bath, weekend get a way, shopping spree, breakfast in bed-to redeem whenever I wanted ☺, and a print out of all the silly things I have said or done that make him laugh/smile. Again, all of it was so thoughtful.

Day 3- Mike made me dinner after we went to the temple. It was soooo YUMMY-chicken fajitas with homemade guacamole. He set a blanket on our living room floor and lit some candles while we ate our meal. He also wrote all of these precious quotes all over the mirrors in our house. My favorite one: "If I could have just one wish, I would wish to wake up everyday, to the sound of your breath on my neck, the warmth of your lips on my cheek, the touch of your fingers on my skin, and the feel of your heart beating with mine....knowing that I could never find that feeling with anyone other than you." Kuchta

Day 4- I came home to huge Valentines balloons, a black and white roxy purse, and a stuffed cat (he has known how much I have wanted a kitten lately and we hadn’t been able to find one so he got me a stuffed animal) ☺.

Day 5-VALENTINES DAY!!! My baby made me breakfast in bed-sweet rolls and eggs, gave me a massage, and two more cute hats ☺. He also made me the cutest video of how his life would be without me (it was so funny) and edited parts in of all the videos we have taken together-it was the most precious gift ever!! I gave him his gifts-chocolates, Gucci Cologne, a frame with some pictures of my bridals, and some essential church items he didn't have. We then got ready and he took me to the animal shelter to pick up NIKA-a 6month old kitten he saw there the other day and whom I got see yesterday. She is gorgeous-white with the most amazing gray markings on her face, legs, tail, and ears, and these really intense blue eyes. She has such a sweet personality as well-she is pretty much already trained, easy going, doesn’t require a lot of attention (except when we sleep)☺. It is nice to have our first animal together ☺. After picking up all the essential cat items from Pet Smart we took her home and watched her get acquainted with her new living environment. It wasn’t long before she was running up and down the stairs, playing chase with me, cuddling up next to us, and even watching a movie with us (literally watching, it was so funny). Mike and I were going to go ice-skating and to The Cheese Cake Factory for Dinner but opted to stay in doors most of the day goofing off, laughing our heads off while being so crazy. I seriously love love love spending time with him like this, we can be so crazy together-sooooo crazy. I LOVE that I married my best friend. Later, for dinner, we grabbed a burger and fries and came back home to watch one of our favorite movies-Elizabethtown. It was nice to cuddle up and be in doors.

It was a Valentines week I will NEVER forget. THANKS BABY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

1 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

That sounded like an amazing week. You guys spoiled each other! Keep doing those things. Oh My Gosh!!! I am stoked you got a cat, way to go MIKE!!! What a gift. How fun. I cannot wait to meet NIKA. Great name. Love you!